Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Exchange
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Office 365
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Email
Office 365, Email, Exchange, Configure Outlook for Windows
This page contains information about how to connect to the Technology Services Exchange email and calendar service using Outlook for Windows.
Microsoft Office for Windows (including Outlook) are both available as free downloads from the University of Illinois WebStore.
After installing Outlook for Windows, open the application and connect it to your Microsoft Exchange account:
- Double-click the desktop shortcut icon or launch the application from the Start menu
- Outlook will present a box for you to enter your email address (usually, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Connect and allow Outlook to use the autodiscover process to determine the correct server settings
- Outlook should successfully add the mailbox as an Office 365 account. Then you will have the option to add another email address. Click Done to complete the process.
- Outlook should load the profile you've just created, open the mailbox, and start downloading your mailbox items.
Send a test email from your Exchange account (email@example.com) to and from another email account to make sure that your Exchange email setup is working correctly in Outlook for Windows .