i-card, How do I find my UIN?
Your UIN is a 9-digit number that serves to uniquely identify your University account. It usually starts with a 6. If you were last affiliated with the University of Illinois before 1996, your account may not have a UIN assigned to it. If you don't know your UIN, there are a number of places you can look:
If you have a University of Illinois i-card, your UIN is printed below your name. The design of the i-card has changed over the years, and older cards may have the UIN printed on the back or included in the barcode instead.
Current Student Self-Service Registration
If you were at any time labeled as a student, you will likely be able to find your UIN in Self-Service:
- Navigate to https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice and click the logo of the campus you were last registered at.
- Sign in with your NetID and password. You will be able to sign in here even if your University account is otherwise disabled.
- Click the Registration & Records tab.
- Click Classic Registration
- Click Registration Eligibility
- At the Select a Term screen, your UIN and name will be listed to the right of the page, above the current date and time.
New Student Admission Emails
If you are a newly-admitted student, you should have been contacted at the same email address you used for the application process with messages giving you your UIN and an activation code to claim your NetID.
If you know that you are admitted to the University but did not receive these messages, reach out to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-0302.
If you are a newly-admitted student, you can also see your UIN at the top of your Admitted Checklist in myIllini.
myIllini can be reached at https://myillini.illinois.edu/
Find your UIN Tool
- Navigate to https://www.icard.uillinois.edu/public/uin-find.cfm
- Enter your last name, the last 4 digits of your SSN or TCN, and your date of birth.
- Complete the reCAPTCHA.
- Click the Find my UIN button. If a matching record is found, the next page will show your UIN.
Technology Services Help Desk
If you're unable to use any of the above options, reach out to the Technology Services Help Desk at email@example.com or 217-244-7000. If we are able to look up your University account with other information you provide, and can trust that you are the person it is for, we can tell you your UIN.