Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Pinnacle, Requesting Changes to a Lync Response Group
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers for requesting changes to a Lync response group in Pinnacle.
- Your department number
- Changes to be made
- Completed LCDS2 (if applicable)
- MRC account number
- OCC account number
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Search for the telephone number of the appropriate response group by entering the 10-digit telephone number in the Service Number field and clicking the Search action button.
- Select the correct telephone number from the list by clicking it in the Service Number column.
- Click the Change Service action button.
- Under the Other Information region, enter the changes needed to be made and the applicable effective date in the Any more information field. The following as changes that can be requested without submitting an LCDS2 form:
- Changes to the recordings. Please provide the script(s) and which recording(s) need to be changed. If your department prefers to record the message(s), attach the .wav file(s) to the order. Instructions for adding attachments can be found under Submitting a Request.
- Business hours
- Agents to be added or removed
- Changing Agents to distribution lists (or vice-versa)
- Changes to where callers are routed after-hours
- Changes to Queue times
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being set up. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box or select an existing contact. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. Under the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and / or Expense Activity Code.
- Do not enter any information in the Lync Characteristics region. Click Next.
- Since Lync services do not have a location, click Next again.
- Under the Select Expense Accounts region:
- Enter the Recurring Charge Amount CFOP account which will be charged for any ongoing fees (i.e. long distance).
- Enter the One Time Charge Account CFOP which will be charged for any initial setup / setup fees.
- If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Account Number Pop-up Search window.
- If the CFOP is not available, click the Prev button to go back to the Other Information tab of the Wizard and enter the desired CFOP in the Any more information field under the Other Information region.
- Click Next. If so desired, enter an OCC Expense Activity, under the Billing Activity-Location Expense Overrides region.
- Click Next and confirm the information is accurate.
- Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. Click the request's hyperlink under the Service Request heading.
- The Cart Profile page will open. Click Create Attachment under the Attachments region at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Browse button. The Attachment Profile will open allowing you to find the LCDS2 document if you have completed and saved one. Once you have selected the document, click the Open button.
- Once the appropriate attachment has been selected, you will be returned to the Attachment Profile window, where you will see the name of the document you have attached. Enter a description of the document in the Description field.
- Click Save. You will be returned to the Cart Profile page where your attachment will appear.
- Click the Cart tab. Click on the box(es) next to the requests then click the Submit Checked button.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.