Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Exchange
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Pinnacle, Changing Existing Lync Accounts (Individual, Role-Based, Common Area, Lync-to-Lync)
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers for changing existing Lync accounts in Pinnacle.
- The service number that needs to be changed (10 digit telephone number for individual Lync accounts, role-based accounst, or common area accounts; NetID for Lync-to-Lync accounts)
- Lync account name (individual name / NetID, sAMAccount name, or Display Name) of the service
- Details pertaining to the changes to be made
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Enter the Service Number that needs to be changed and click the Search button
- Select the service number from the list by clicking on it in the Service column.
- Click the Change Service button.
- Under the Other Information region, enter any pertinent information in the Any more information field, including the details of what should be changed:
- Provide the Lync account name (individual name / NetID, sAMAccount name, or Display Name).
- If the long distance limitation needs to be changed, indicate the new long distance limitations for the existing line
- NCOS 4 – Campus / Local Only
- NCOS 7 – National Long Distance and Campus / Local
- NCOS 8 – International and National Long Distance and Campus / Local.
- NCOS 48 – International Plus
- If the Recurring Charge and / or One Time Charge CFOP needs to be changed, indicate the new CFOP.
- Enter any other changes that are needed and pertinent information associated with the change:
- Change to allow / disallow voicemail for a role-based account (an exchange account associated with the sAMAccountName must be established prior to requesting voicemail for a role-based account).
- Change to allow / disallow hot-desking for a common area account.
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being changed. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box, and select an existing contact. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. Under the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and / or Expense Activity Code.
- Click Next. Lync services do not have a location so this should be left blank.
- Since there are no Recurring or One Time Charges associated with Lync, click Next again. Click Next again.
- Confirm the information is accurate. Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.