Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Exchange
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Pinnacle, Changing Existing Lync Accounts (Individual, Role-Based, Common Area, Lync-to-Lync)
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers for changing existing Lync accounts in Pinnacle.
- The service number that needs to be changed (10 digit telephone number for individual Lync accounts, role-based accounst, or common area accounts; NetID for Lync-to-Lync accounts)
- Lync account name (individual name / NetID, sAMAccount name, or Display Name) of the service
- Details pertaining to the changes to be made
- MRC account number
- OCC account number
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Enter the Service Number that needs to be changed and click the Search button
- Select the service number from the list by clicking on it in the Service column.
- Click the Change Service button.
- Under the Other Information region, enter any pertinent information in the Any more information field, including the details of what should be changed:
- Provide the Lync account name (individual name / NetID, sAMAccount name, or Display Name).
- If the long distance limitation needs to be changed, indicate the new long distance limitations for the existing line
- NCOS 4 – Campus / Local Only
- NCOS 7 – National Long Distance and Campus / Local
- NCOS 8 – International and National Long Distance and Campus / Local.
- NCOS 48 – International Plus
- If the Recurring Charge and / or One Time Charge CFOP needs to be changed, indicate the new CFOP.
- Enter any other changes that are needed and pertinent information associated with the change:
- Change to allow / disallow voicemail for a role-based account (an exchange account associated with the sAMAccountName must be established prior to requesting voicemail for a role-based account).
- Change to allow / disallow hot-desking for a common area account.
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being changed. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box, and select an existing contact. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. Under the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and / or Expense Activity Code.
- Click Next. Lync services do not have a location so this should be left blank.
- Click the Next button. Under the Select Expense Accounts region:
- Enter the Recurring Charge Amount CFOP account which will be charged for any ongoing fees (i.e. long distance).
- Enter the One Time Charge Account CFOP which will be charged for any initial setup / setup fees.
- If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Account Number Pop-up Search window.
- If the CFOP is not available, click on the Prev button to go back to the Other Information section of the Wizard and enter the desired CFOP in the Any more information section under the Other Information region.
- Click Next. If so desired, enter an OCC Expense Activity, under the Billing Activity-Location Expense Overrides.
- Click Next and confirm the information is accurate.
- Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.