Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration
Topics Map > Computing Infrastructure
RightFax, Requesting a New Group RightFax Account
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers for requesting new RightFax group accounts in Pinnacle.
What you’ll need
- Your department number
- sAMAccountName for the group RightFax account
- RightFax Account Type Option
- Email address for fax notifications
- MRC account number
- OCC account number
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Search for the appropriate department subscriber by entering the chart-three digit org code in the Department field and selecting Time and Materials from the Service Type drop down. Click the Search action button.
- Select the only subscriber from the list by clicking the department name in the Subscriber column
- Click the Add action button and select Add Service to Subscriber.
- In the new pop-up window that opens, select the service you would like to add. For a new group RightFax account, select RightFax. Click Next.
- In the Other Information region, enter details about the service request, including any specific dates, in the Any more information field.
- Requested date, if applicable
- RightFax Account Type (Individual or Group)
- Notification email address
- RightFax Account Type Option (Fax Mailbox, SMTP or Network Drive)
- SMTP – provide email address to send faxes
- Network Drive
– provide the network path (max 70 characters)
NOTE: Your department's IT pro must give the user "rfaxadmin" read/write access to the network drive
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being set up:
- If Select Existing Contact shows the appropriate contact, go to step 11.
- If not, deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. In the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and/or Expense Activity Code. The Expense Location Code is not yet in use.
- In the RightFax ID field, enter the sAMAccountName.
- PLEASE NOTE: All RightFax accounts have a dialing policy of NCOS 8 – International and National Long Distance and Campus / Local.
- Click Next. Since RightFax services do not have a location, click Next again. Please do NOT enter a location.
- In the Select Expense Accounts region:
- Enter the Recurring Charge Amount CFOP account which will be charged for any ongoing fees (i.e. long distance).
- Enter the One Time Charge Account CFOP which will be charged for any initial setup / setup fees.
- If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Account Number Pop-up Search window.
- If the CFOP is not available, click the Prev button to go back to the Other Information tab of the Wizard and enter the desired CFOP in the Any more information field under the Other Information region.
- Click Next. If so desired, enter an OCC Expense Activity, under the Billing Activity-Location Expense Overrides region.
- Click Next and confirm the information is accurate.
- Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.