Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration
Topics Map > Computing Infrastructure
Pinnacle, Installing New Data Jacks
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers installing new data jacks using Pinnacle.
- Your department number
- The building, floor, room number
- The number of jacks to be installed
- MRC account number
- OCC account number
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Search for the appropriate department subscriber by entering the chart-three digit org code in the Department field and selecting Time and Materials from the Service Type drop down. Click the Search action button.
- Select the only subscriber from the list by clicking the department name in the Subscriber column.
- Click the Add action button and select Add Service to Subscriber.
- In the new pop-up window that opens, select the service you would like to add. For new data jacks, select Time and Materials. Click Next. You can also click the Next button next to the Time and Materials listing.
- Under the Other Information region, nothing needs to be entered. You will have the opportunity to provide specific information about the request on the next page.
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being set up.
- Either check the Select Existing Contact box or select an existing contact. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click the Next button. In the New Location Information region, enter the Building Code, Floor, and Room.
- Building Codes must be four digits. Buildings with only two or three digits should be entered with leading zeros. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Building Pop-up Search window.
- Please indicate the number of new jacks needed in the Other New Location Information field and include any other related information such as directional information of the new location.
- Click Next. Under the Select Expense Accounts region:
- Enter the Recurring Charge Amount CFOP account although there are no monthly recurring charges.
- Enter the One Time Charge Account CFOP which will be charged for any initial setup / setup fees.
- If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Account Number Pop-up Search window.
- If the CFOP is not available, click the Prev button to go back to the Other Information section of the Wizard and enter the desired CFOP in the Any more information section under the Other Information region.
- Click Next. If so desired, enter an OCC Expense Activity, under the Billing Activity-Location Expense Overrides.
- Click Next and and confirm the information is accurate.
- Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.