Identity Management, Deactivation, Information for students studying abroad

I'm studying abroad this semester/year - do I need to register for classes? I'm in another country and my email account just got deactivated.

When students study abroad, the University Study Abroad Office requires all students going abroad through their programs, and those that they manage for some departments and colleges, to register for a placeholder credit class prior to leaving the country. Most departments and colleges have a timetable course that is designated for students studying abroad. This zero credit hour class functions to allow students to continue receiving campus services like email and is a "placeholder" for eventual transfer credit from a university overseas.

However, not all students going abroad do so through the Study Abroad Office, or plan to transfer credit back to this campus. These students may have their services deactivated while they are studying abroad.

In any case, to retain university services such as email, all students studying abroad must do one of the following:

1) Register for a designated study abroad timetable course OR
2) Register for zero credit hours, paying appropriate University fees OR
3) Have your department sponsor your account.

KeywordsStudy abroad deactivation, leave, deactivate, sponsor, zero credit hours   Doc ID49162
OwnerID M.GroupUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Created2015-03-18 10:54 CSTUpdated2020-07-08 13:23 CST
SitesUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback  0   0