Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, Content Folders
This page contains information about content folders within Illinois Compass 2g courses.
On This Page
Folders are useful for organizing and structuring content in a content area. For example, Instructors may add folders for each week of the course to a content area, or organize the content area by topic, such as separate folder for Assignments, Tests, and Group Projects.
Once a folder is created, content and additional subfolders may be added to it. All of the content types available in content areas may be added to a folder.
- Open a Content Area.
- Make sure that Edit Mode is ON.
- Point to Build Content.
- Click Content Folder.
- Type Folder Information and Folder Options.
- Click Submit.
If any parent folder is unavailable, the items within it are unavailable. For example, if a folder is set to Unavailable, but items within the folder are set to Available, users would be unable to view the items within the folder.
This is also true for items with Adaptive Release rules: If a folder has a rule that makes it unavailable to a student, all content within that folder is also unavailable to the user.
If you want to copy or move existing content into a newly-created folder, follow these steps:
- Click the arrow to the right side of item/folder name.
- Select Copy or Move.
- Use the Destination Course drop down menu to
select the course you would like to copy or move the item or folder to.
By default, this will display the course you are currently working in.
- Click the Destination Folder Browse button.
- Select the area in the course you would like to place the item or folder in. You may need to click the Plus Sign (+ button) to find a folder within a folder.
- Click Submit.