Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, Setting Course Style Options
This page contains information about changing elements of your Illinois Compass 2g course site.
Instructors manage the style of the Course Menu and other page elements from the Style page.
How to Access the Course Style Options
On the Control Panel, under Customization, select Style.
- Select Menu Style: Select text or buttons for Menu Items and select the color customization options available.
- Course Menu Display: Select the default view of the Course Menu. Options include Folder View, List View, or Permit Both Views.
- Default Content View: Select how you want your content to appear within the course. Options include Icon Only, Text Only, or Icon and Text.
- Select Course Entry Point: Select the first page
users see when entering the Course from the list below. If the Course
Entry Point is changed, the Instructor must refresh the browser to
view the change.
NOTE: Setting a new Course entry point takes effect immediately. However, the user that sets the new Course entry point will not see the effect of the change until the user logs out of Blackboard Learn and logs back in.
- Select Banner: Optionally, select a banner image
to display at the top and center of the course's entry point page.
Browse for a file to attach.
NOTE: A recommended size for banners is approximately 480 by 80 pixels. Keep in mind that users can resize their browser windows, expand and collapse the Course Menu, and use monitors of varying sizes and screen resolutions. After uploading a banner, view it under those varying conditions to ensure that it looks as you intended.