Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Kaltura
Kaltura, Uploading media
Uploading media to Illinois Media Space
How to upload a file to Illinois Media Space
- In the upper right corner of the page, select the 'Add New' drop-down list, and choose 'Media Upload,' to open the 'Upload Media' page.
- Click the '+ Choose a file to upload' button to search your computer for the media file that you would like to upload; select the file; and click the 'Open' button to begin uploading the file.
- While the file is uploading, you may being to add the
metadata. There are the following fields:
- The name of the media being uploaded.
- This is a required field and is by default the filename of the media being uploaded.
- This is displayed below the media or on the player info pane.
- This is a required field for publishing and/or adding the media to a playlist.
- These are used to help describe your media and are used as keywords when searching for media.
- Multiple tags can be separated by commas or new lines.
- Date of Creation
- Allows the actual date of creation to be added to the metadata.
- Video Credits
- Allows you to enter the names and title of those who worked on the video.
- Contributors and team members
- Allows you to enter the names of the team members or others who helped put together the project.
- This field is ideal for adding student team member names to class projects.
- When you have finished editing details, click the 'Save' button.
- Once the media has uploaded and you have given it at least a title and description, you can publish it to a channel or gallery that you have permission to publish to or keep the media private or unlisted using the radio buttons below the metadata.
You may continue uploading more files by clicking the '+ Choose another
file' button and repeating steps 2–3 above.
Please note that at this point you may not be able to view your media and you may see the message: Media is being processed (: ! This is completely normal. Your media will continue to process even if you navigate away from Illinois Media Space.