Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Kaltura
Kaltura, Captioning media
Adding captions to video media in Illinois Media Space
How to add captions to a video - caption file is already created
- Navigate to your 'My Media' page. You will see your media
arranged in a list. On the right side of the page, each entry will
have an 'Edit' button. Select this to edit the media.
You will also find an edit button on any of page where you can view media that you own. It will be below the video on the right, in the 'Actions' drop-down menu.
- On the edit page, choose the 'Captions' tab to navigate to the captions menu.
- Click the 'Upload caption file' button to bring up the caption uploader.
- Click 'Browse' to find the caption file on your computer's file system. This will need to be a caption file in SRT or DXFP format.
- Select the 'Language' from the drop down, this should be actual language the captions are in
- Give the caption a label. This will be the displayed name for the captions, so for example it is best to label Spanish captions "Español".
- Click the 'Save' button to save your captions file to Illinois Media Space.