Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Publish.illinois.edu (PIE)
PIE, Adding users
Publish Site Administrators can add users to various roles within their websites.
Site administrators can add new users to their site very easily.
- Go to your site’s Dashboard
- Go to Users
- Go to Add New
- Add Existing User
- Use this form for all members of the Urbana Campus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Use this form for any external contributors who have been added to other Publish sites
- If you aren't sure whether a user exists or not, try this form first
- Use this form if you tried Add Existing User and the user was not found ("The requested user does not exist")
- Use this form for contributors who have not been previously added to a Publish and and who do not have an @illinois.edu email address, including contributors from other campuses (@uis, @uic, @uillinois)
This is adapted from the WordPress documentation at wordpress.org.
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features of the site
- Editor – Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber – Somebody who can only manage their profile