NetID, Undergraduate to Graduate Transition

I was an undergrad and now I'm transitioning to grad school, what do I need to do?

If this is a recent transition and you know your password, you won't need to do anything. Please log in to the NetID Center and ensure that your recovery options are up to date. 

Your NetID will be the same as it was in undergrad, and you don't need to claim it again.

If you are unsure of your password, it can be reset via normal means (NetID Center, call or visit the Help Desk).

If you are automatically provisioned an Exchange inbox, you will receive a one-time notification to your old inbox (likely your Google Apps account) letting you know that all email will go to your Exchange account from then on ( 
If you are not automatically provisioned an Exchange email inbox when you are admitted, please contact the Help Desk ( or 217-244-7000) to request that it be manually created.

Keywords:claim graduate grad email netid   Doc ID:62783
Owner:ID M.Group:University of Illinois Technology Services
Created:2016-04-19 11:40 CDTUpdated:2022-04-22 12:59 CDT
Sites:University of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback:  0   0