Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Digital Signage
Digital Signage, Unable to Connect/Unable to Find Server
Troubleshooting Digital Signage Access Issue
Issue: Unable to Connect/User is not Authorized for Remote Access
- Cause: Provisioning Process
- Most likely the user has not been added into the proper security groups.
- Resolution: Add User to Proper Security Group
- The primary digital signage contact for the department should email the service team at email@example.com and a ticket will be created to address the issue.
Issue: Unable to Connect/Macs Not Allowed to Connect
- Cause: Incompatible Remote Desktop Client
- There are infrequent cases where specific Remote Desktop clients are not compatible with the Remote Desktop Services used for the Digital Signage Service. e.g. Microsoft Remote Desktop Client v2.1.1 for OSX that is available for download from Microsoft is not compatible with the Remote Desktop Services running under Windows Server 2012R2. When attempting to connect, an error message appears indicating that Macs are not allowed to connect.
Try connecting using an updated version of the client (if available) or another client. e.g. In the situation above, (using Microsoft Remote Desktop Client v2.1.1 for OSX), download and install the newer version of Microsoft Remote Desktop v8.0.18 from the Apple Store. This is the free Microsoft client and not the Apple client that must be purchased.