Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Exchange
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Office 365
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Email
Email, Exchange, Outlook 2016 for Mac
This page contains information about how to connect to the Exchange email and calendar service using Outlook 2016
Add Exchange to a New Installation of Outlook 2016
Office 2016 for Mac (including Outlook) is available as a free download from the University of Illinois WebStore.
If you wish to to use your University of Illinois Exchange account with a new installation of MS Outlook, follow these instructions:
- Run Outlook 2016.
- In the welcome screen that appears, if it doesn't detect your @illinois.edu account, click Add Email Account.
- In the Set Up Your Email window that opens:
- Enter your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Outlook client should use autodiscover to determine that your account is in Office 365
- The University Sign in page will ask for your Active Directory password
Add Exchange to Your Existing Outlook 2016 Installation
If you are already running Outlook 2016 and wish to add a University of Illinois Exchange account, follow these instructions:
- Open Outlook 2016.
- Under the Tools menu, choose Accounts…
- In the left pane, click the plus (+) button and add a New Account...
- Follow the same steps as above.