Endpoint Services, Munki, Accessing Your Repository
This article provides information for connecting to unit package repositories in the Technology Services' Munki Mac Endpoint Management system.
- Munki Mac Endpoint Management
- University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging Technology Services Endpoint Services' Munki Mac Endpoint Management
2. Select Go > Connect to Server (or ⌘+K)
3. Enter the address of your repository (e.g. https://USER@munki.eps.uillinois.edu:3443/repos/global/UofI/UIUC/UNIT_PREFIX)* and click the Connect button
*Where USER and UNIT_PREFIX are your username and unit's Munki repository prefix, respectively.
4. Enter your password and click the Connect button
5. Your Munki repository will appear in a Finder window
6. Note that in order to open pkginfo files at the global, UofI, or UIUC level, you will need to mount the global repository instead of your unit level repository. This is due to MTM's permissions and file locking mechanisms. The address of the global repository is https://USER@munki.eps.uillinois.edu:3443/repos/global, where USER is your username.
There is an application called MunkiAdmin that provides a graphical user interface for managing a Munki repository. To connect to your repository via MunkiAdmin:
1. Download and install the MunkAdmin application from GitHub.*
*MunkiAdmin utilizes some components of the Munki client and requires it to be installed in order for MunkiAdmin to run properly.
2. Follow steps 1 through 5 above in the Connecting Using Finder section to mount your Munki package repository in Finder
3. Launch the MunkiAdmin application. It's typically installed in either the Applications or Applications/Utilities directories.
4. Within MunkiAdmin, select the Munki repository that you mounted in step 2 and click the Open button.
5. MunkiAdmin will first scan your repository and then load it.
6. You are now ready to manage your Munki repository with MunkiAdmin.