Endpoint Services, MECM, How do I maintain my own boot image?
This article provides information about boot images in MECM.
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), formerly SCCM
- University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging MECM, hosted by Technology Services' Endpoint Services team
Each unit is provisioned a copy of the default 32-bit and 64-bit boot images within their unit folder under Software Library --> Operating Systems --> Boot Images.
Boot image updates
There are various scenarios when a boot image update may be required:
- Each MECM release includes an update to the Windows PE version.
- Update the boot image by right clicking it and selecting 'Update Distribution Points'.
- Select the option to 'Reload this boot image with the current Windows PE version from the Windows ADK'.
- In order to customize the boot image with additional drivers or other optional components:
- Right-click the boot image and select 'Properties'.
- Select 'Update Distribution Points' for the boot image after the changes have been applied.
- If imaging issues occur after Windows PE in the boot image is updated, look for duplicate drivers in the boot image properties and remove older versions.