Topics Map > Help and Training
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > ZOOM
Zoom, Why do I only have Zoom 'Basic' Access?
U of I Zoom users must log into the UI Zoom portal using single sign-on in order to use Pro features. All UIUC Staff, Faculty and Students are eligible for U of I Zoom Pro Licenses at this time. All others will be provisioned basic licenses.
Why do I have only Zoom Basic access after logging in?
In order for UIUC Staff, Faculty and Students, to access their U of I Zoom Pro License with large meeting 300, they must log into the U of I Zoom portal using single sign-on with their U of I credentials.
To verify your Zoom account status, follow these steps:
1. SIGN OUT of all current Zoom sessions and close all browser windows.
2. Go to https://illinois.zoom.us where you will see the U of I login screen:
IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS PAGE YOU ARE NOT LOGGING INTO THE UI PORTAL.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL INSTANCES OF ZOOM ARE CLOSED AND CLEAR
YOUR BROWSER CACHE.
3. Please click on 'Sign In".
4. Login when prompted, checking that the default of "Share Now" is selected if prompted for information sharing.
5. You are now logged into the UI Zoom portal.
6. Verify your account status ("Licensed" - meaning Pro with addition of large meeting 300 cap or "Basic") in your profile.
In the graphic below the red arrow points to "SSO" showing that you have properly authenticated.
The blue arrow points to your user type, which may be "Basic" or "Licensed". Again Licensed means that the account has Pro functionality and increased meeting capacity to 300 participants.