Technology Services, Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Changelog
This page contains information about Virtual Private Networking (VPN) and will be updated following changes that may require modifications to customer behavior, procedures, or expectations.
- June 18, 2020 - VPN servers will begin offering Cisco AnyConnect version 4.8.03052 to everyone that connects. This version has better support for Mac OS Catalina, as well as a number of bug fixes for all OSs. EPM and Webstore will also offer this version. This is not a required upgrade, customers can choose to defer it, but it will be offered each time they connect.
- TBD - 2FA IP ranges will be migrated to RFC 1918 space (private IPs) as announced in March.
- TBD - DNS host record for IPv6 addresses will be removed (the IPv6 addresses will no longer resolve to a name)
- TBD - Load balancing for VPN will move from the legacy GSLB service to the new DTC service
- TBD - vpn.illinois.edu will replace vpn.cites.illinois.edu for connecting to the VPN service
- May 20-22, 2020 VPN server versions were upgraded
- March 2020
- VPN IP pools were expanded with the use of RFC 1918 space and NAT
- 4th VPN server was added
- VPN load balancing was adjusted
- VPN certificates were replaced before they expired