Student Technology Program, Overview and Student Resources
Information for students who received a laptop supplied via the Student Technology Program, facilitated by the Financial Aid Office.
This is a University of Illinois device. Anyone using University of Illinois resources is responsible for using them in an appropriate, ethical, and lawful manner, and in accordance with all University policies. By using this device, you agree to abide by the terms in the Universityâs Acceptable Use Policy:â¯https://cam.illinois.edu/policies/fo-07/â¯â¯
The university has installed âCrowdStrikeâ endpoint protection software (antivirus) on this machine. It is there to help ensure the security of the system and that you have the best experience possible. Questions can be sent toâ¯firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial Setup: Change your laptop password
|If you received your laptop on/after September 4, 2020|
- Many general and class software titles can be accessed virtually at UIUC AnyWare
- The Student Technology Program does not support software locally installed on loaned laptops. Issues with locally installed should be directed to the software provider (E.g. WebStore, Instructor).
- Knowledge Base overview article is available for Anyware
- provides many discounted and free software titles
- More information on Software for loaned equipment
The laptop loaned to you is under warranty. For hardware issues, please contact email@example.com. Let them know this laptop is part of the Student Technology Program. Arrangements will be made to replace the defective laptop. Please note, we will not be able to recover any files or personal data. For this reason, please store all files and data on your cloud storage (Box, Google Drive, One Drive).