ProctorU Record+, Information for Students
This document explains the proctoring tool, ProctorU Record+, for students.
Review ProctorU Record+
- Record+ is an automated proctoring service that allows students to take exams online through Canvas or Moodle without the presence of an instructor or proctor. The service authenticates your identity, monitors and records your computer screen, microphone input and the video from your webcam.
- There is no fee for students to use Record+.
- Compliance Statement on Security and Accessibility concerns.
- Five Steps to Success.
- What to expect on Exam Day
Prepare for the Exam
- Create a ProctorU Test-Taker account. Be sure to use your Illinois email address.
- Install the browser extension in Chrome or Firefox. Video tutorial.
- Please review the equipment requirements and test your equipment in advance.
- If you will need an accommodation for extended test-taking time, notify your instructor as soon as possible. They must grant you an accommodation in the ProctorU system at least 24 hours prior to taking the test but may require more time to prepare.
Take the Exam
- Be sure to take the exam alone and in a quiet place.
- Enable the browser extension in Chrome or Firefox and sign into ProctorU through it.
- Navigate to the exam in Canvas or Moodle and open it there. (Do not try to access the exam through the ProctorU website.)
- ProctorU Help Center for students
- Contact ProctorU support through the Live Chat feature in your ProctorU account or contact support.
- You will need to be an administrator on the computer you use, or you will need to contact the computer administrator for assistance.
- Chromebooks are not compatible.
- Mac instructions for security and privacy settings