Facilities, Contacts, OnSite Consulting
What is OnSite Consulting, and how do I contact them?
OnSite Consulting sends a skilled consultant to a client's home or office for technical support with PCs, Macs, and Linux/UNIX machines. Typical problems that OnSite consultants assist clients with include networking connection issues, operating system and software installation, server set-up and administration, multimedia installation and configuration, UC device troubleshooting, and hardware installation/troubleshooting.
The University of Illinois is currently experiencing an unprecedented event in COVID-19 in addition to the campus being on Spring Break. Many of our student employees who work with the OnSite team are not on campus or have self-quarantined back home with their parents (as instructed by the university); because of this we are currently unable to dispatch students to come to clients homes or offices; this is both for the safety of the clients we support and our student workers. We are currently working with the campus to develop a remote support model which will allow us to help a number of individuals with issues they are having, but at this time this plan is not in place. Please bear with us while this is being developed.
At this time all we can do is recommend using one of the local vendors/support providers to help you with your IT needs.
Once we are able to resume services below you can find our current service rates.
What they CAN help with
- Virus cleanup
- OS re-installs (client needs to have a valid key for OS)
- Data Recovery (best effort, nothing guaranteed)
- Admin Password Wiping
- Hardware repair/replacement (ex. Keyboards, hard drives, some LCD screens, etc.) (best effort, nothing guaranteed)
- No parts on hand, but will order them for people who pay
- Basic Server Support
- Basic Active Directory Support
- Traditional Data Migration
What they CANNOT help with
- Spills on laptops (can make an attempt, nothing guaranteed)
- Will not physically repair hard drives, flash drives, hardware in general
- Will not fix motherboard issues (can replace)