NetID Claim, Deactivated, Returning, and Uni High students

I am a returning student or I attended Uni High, do I need to use NetID claim?

Students who are returning to the University do not need to use the NetID Claiming Service. This includes University High students as well as undergraduates who are returning as graduate students. You should retain the same NetID as you had when you were previously a student here. 

Returning students, for the most part, need to be manually reactivated since you won't go through NetID claim again. You should be reactivated automatically when you register for classes.

If you are an international student returning from a leave of absence due to mandatory military service, please see  Identity Management, Leave of Absence due to Foreign Military Service .

Please contact the Help Desk at if you believe you need to be reactivated.

If you need to reset your password, you can do so by visiting the NetID Center.

Keywords:NetID claim return University High activate reactivate readmitted readmit   Doc ID:48103
Owner:ID M.Group:University of Illinois Technology Services
Created:2015-03-03 15:23 CDTUpdated:2020-07-08 14:23 CDT
Sites:University of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback:  4   0