Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Skype for Business, Mac Installation
This page contains installation instructions for Skype for Business for Mac.
Make sure your computer will support Skype for Business:
- OS X El Capitan (10.11), macOS Sierra (10.12), macOS High Sierra (10.13), or macOS Mojave (10.14)
- Skype for Business 16.22 or newer is required for macOS Mojave
- Outlook Mac build 15.27 (161010) or newer required for Outlook integration
- Make sure your computer is fully patched with
- Recommended hardware configurations are described on the Recommended Computer Configurations page.
Upgrading from Mac Lync 2011
Where to Download
Skype for Business is available as an individual download from the WebStore at https://webstore.illinois.edu/shop/product.aspx?zpid=1569&shopby=2 or from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54108.
Update Skype for Business BEFORE First Use
Important updates for Skype for Business are sometimes released after Microsoft creates the Skype for Business installation package.
Use Microsoft AutoUpdate on your Mac to keep your Office software up-to-date. You can manually check for updates by opening the Skype for Business client, then going to Help > Check for Updates
- Sign-in address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or, if you're an AITS employee, use email@example.com
- Password: AD password
How to use Skype for Business on Mac
On Skype for Business, Outlook, Training available, you can learn about upcoming UC training workshops, online training resources, and other tools.https://support.office.com/en-us/skype-for-business.