Email, Spam Control, How to report a spam or phishing email
How do I report a suspicious email that I have received?
To report a suspicious email, send the message with full headers to email@example.com. The best way to report messages is to create a new email and attach (drag-n-drop) the suspicious email as an attachment: Forwarding Email Messages as an Attachment
- If the email is determined to be spam, phish, viral, etc, they will generate a new spam signature and automatically update our email relays.
- The Email Relays and Security Teams monitor the 'report-spam' queue, however,
- There is no feedback returned about email submitted to 'report-spam' because of the high volume.
- This will inform the teams about a new attack so they can create appropriate rules at the network firewall (security team) and email firewall (email relay team) to block inbound or outbound traffic to offending sites.
- For general support please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.