Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Skype for Business, Add a Skype for Business contact using Skype
On this page, you can learn how to add a Skype for Business contact as a Skype user.
- Sign in to Skype. (external link)
NOTE: You must sign in using Skype's Microsoft account sign-in page with your MSA account.
- Select the Add Contacts icon.
- Enter the sign-in address of the Skype for Business user you wish to add (usually their U of I email address). For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When Skype finds the match in the search results, look for the word "Skype" below the Lync user’s name. If "Skype" is present, this indicates that Skype has located the Skype for Business user's address. Click their name.
- In the top right corner of the window, click Add to Contacts.
- The new contact is now added to your contact list; however, you will see a question mark instead of their status icon until they accept your request. When your new contact accepts your request, you will be able to see when they are online, when they initiate IM conversations, and when they make audio calls.