Networking, Wireless, Linux Troubleshooting
Linux Connection Problems
Although IllinoisNet does not officially support Linux clients, Technology Services does recognize the need to provide assistance to Linux users and will do so when possible. Tech Services wireless support technicians will not assist you to update your drivers nor to manually edit configuration files on your Linux devices; however, we can offer a few tips that might help you improve your IllinoisNet wireless connection:
- Consult the Community-developed IllinoisNet wireless configuration wiki page.
- Be sure you have installed the latest update of whatever
distribution you are running. These updates will often contain new
- Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Change your settings, if necessary, so that:
- Security Type = WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type = AES
- Choose a network authentication method = Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Phase 2 Authentication = MSCHAPv2