Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration
IT Pros, Mailing lists, tools, and regular events for campus IT professionals
These mailing lists, conferences, and workshops may be of interest to campus IT professionals.
Conferences and events
- The IT Pro Forum takes place twice a year in Urbana and once a year in Chicago.
- The U of I Web Conference takes place once a year in Urbana.
- The IT Pro Caffeine Break series takes place every week at 9 am Friday at rotating locations around campus. Weekly details are sent to CCSP and to the Caffeine Break mailing list (described below).
- Video captured from these events is stored in the Campus IT Pro Videos channel (login required for access).
To subscribe to most of these mailing lists, send a blank email message to email@example.com.
The subject line of your message should be formatted as:
- Campus Computer Support Professionals (Special list security: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for CCSP subscription approval. )
The largest campus mailing list for IT professionals, with active daily discussion on campus topics. Searchable archives are available to subscribers at https://lists.illinois.edu/lists/arc/ccsp. Campus Mailing Lists, View list archives offers more information about searching Sympa-hosted campus mailing lists.
- System-specific mailing lists:
- Mobile Computing (list name: mobilecomputing)
Periodic discussion of topics related to mobile devices, tablets, and phones.
- System management-related: mobile-device-management
- Mac Administration at Illinois (list name: macadmins)
All things Mac-related.
- Windows 10 Support (list name: tenprosupport)
Discussions of Windows 10 campus adoption, migration, and updates.
- Endpoint Management and SCCM (email email@example.com to join the list)
A list for communication among the SCCM project team and discussion of EPM and SCCM implementation on campus
- Topic-specific mailing lists:
- Caffeine Break (list name: caffeinebreak)
Once-weekly information about that week's Friday morning Caffeine Break seminar series, for those who may be interested in the topics without the volume of the full CCSP mailing list.
- Illinois Webmasters (list name: webmasters)
Discussions of web-related content and development issues, workshop announcements, and more. Moderate volume.
- Web Accessibility In-Depth Discussion (list name: accessibility)
Discussions, announcements, and workshops relating to improving IT accessibility. Light volume.
- Campus Computer Lab Discussion List (list name: labmasters-l)
Discussions, announcements, and tours of campus learning spaces. Light volume.
- Women in Technology (list name: wit)
A collaborative discussion space for women in technology at the University of Illinois.
- AV Pros (list name: av-pros)
A list for the discussion of AV (and surrounding topics) by campus AV & IT professionals.
- Campus Knowledge Base administrators (list name: uofi-kb-admins )
Discussion among groups and departments with Knowledge Base (answers.uillinois.edu) spaces
- Illinois Higher Ed Tableau Users Group (subscribe at https://lists.aits.uillinois.edu/lists/info/ihetug)
A mailing list for Tableau software users.
- Printing (list names: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
Information about the Printing for Departments service. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
- Research Support Community (list name: research-support-community)
A campus-wide network of professionals from many domains dedicated to connecting researchers with the people and tools they need across organizational boundaries.
- More campus computing-related mailing lists are available at https://lists.illinois.edu/lists/lists/computing .
Teams and chat groups
- Topic-specific Microsoft Teams groups:
- IT End User Services (team shortcut: https://go.illinois.edu/itenduserservices)