Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Kaltura
Kaltura, Known Issues
known issues with Kaltura
The following are known issues with Kaltura and related tools. Possible work around solutions are included when one is available.
- In iOS, there are problems with videos displayed at full screen (in Safari and Chrome). In portrait mode the video is pushed to the bottom of the screen but the entire video is displayed. In landscape mode almost half of the video is cut off. This is seen on iPhones and iPads. We recommend viewing fullscreen in portrait mode, or viewing the video in the browser without selecting full screen. The issue has been reported to the vendor. (2017-08-30)
- When downloading media, if the downloaded file appears as "file.noex", simply rename the extension to .mp4 and it will play. This has happened with CaptureSpace created media. (2017-09-15)
- As of December 2017 there is a bug in the horizontal playlist player. If some of the content is password protected, and other content is not, the player controls are cut off. Once the viewer logs in and has access to view the media, the controls appear as normal. (2017-12-08)
Controls cut off
- System/Computer audio cannot be recorded at this time. If you need to record audio on your computer, you will need to record using another tool such as iMovie or Camtasia, or put the microphone to speakers. We do not recommend CaptureSpace to record other videos or video calls. (2017-08-08)
- When you are selecting a Powerpoint presentation, if you see the error "“The selected presentation is invalid. Invalid presentations will not be recorded” in a pink box...go ahead and search for the Powerpoint file again and load it in the same way. We have only encountered this error once, and cannot reproduce it. If you happen to see it, just try the file again. If you have the problem again, contact Technology Services, we will want to see the file. (2017-09-22)
- When adding a netid to a MediaSpace channel, the error "User NETID does not exist" appears. This message appears because the netid you are adding to the channel has never logged in to MediaSpace, and the system does not recognize the user name. It could also mean that the netid was entered incorrectly.
- If you see this, please contact the user you are trying to add and ask them to login. You can ask then add their netid
- If there are multiple netids, you need to add, specifically a roster, you can submit a ticket with the netids to our Kaltura support team.
- API Error
- Occasionally a user will experience an API error message when using the interface. If you see this message, try the command/action again and it should work. If the error persists, please send a screen shot or copy of the error message as a ticket to the helpdesk. Include what you were doing just prior to seeing the error.