Authorization Manager, Manage Memberships
Manage group memberships using Authorization Manager.
Members are organized into groups. You can only add and remove members to and from groups in which you have privileges.
Add/Import a Member/List to a Group
When the screen comes up you will want to select "Copy/paste a list of member IDs". Enter the Employees UIN or NetID, then click on "Validate entities". This will verify the NetIDs you typed into the box.
Note: Grouper will grant member privileges to the new member by default. To assign custom privileges, refer to Authorization Manager, Manage Privileges
Remove a Member from a Group
You can only remove individuals or groups with a direct membership in your group. When you remove a group from your group, you remove all its indirect members too.
Navigate to the Team Group in the Root Folder you were given by IAMU or Security. In the Members tab, select the member(s) you want to remove, click "Remove selected members" in the left-hand corner above "Entity name", see screen shot below.
Export a list of Members from a Group
- Navigate to the group where you want to export members.
- In the More actions drop-down menu, select Export members.
- Select Only member IDs or All member data, then click Export. This will produce an excel file like the example below:
Add a Group as a Member of Another Group
You can add a group as a member of another group. When a group is added as member, the group is a direct member and the members of the group are indirect members.
- Navigate to the group where you want to add a group as a member.
- Click +Add Members.
- Enter the Group name or a portion of the Group name in the Member name or ID field. A list of matching members (groups) appears.
- Select the member (group) that you want to add to the group.
- Select Default privileges.
Note: Grouper will grant member privileges to the new member by default. To assign custom privileges, refer to Manage Privileges.
- Click Add.
Filter Group Member Lists
You can use filtering options to facilitate navigation of a long list of members.
- Navigate to the group that you want to work with.
- Select one of the following Filter for options, then click Apply filter.
- Filter for an individual member - Select All members, and then enter the Member name or NetID.
- Filter for members based on membership - Select Has direct membership or Has indirect membership.
Tip! When you add a group as a member, the group is a direct member, and the members of the group are indirect members.
- Click Reset to return to the full list of members.