Zoom, Get Add-ins
This article shows how to add the Zoom integration to Outlook Desktop Application, Outlook Web Application (OWA) and G Suite as well as Web Browsers Firefox and Chrome.
Starting in June 2020, Zoom will no longer support the Zoom plug-in for Outlook on Mac computers. Please install the Zoom add-in as directed below.
To view screenshots of the Zoom plug-in and Zoom add-in icons, view this PDF for Mac or PDF for Windows.
Outlook Desktop ApplicationTo add the Zoom Add-in to the Outlook Desktop Application please follow these instructions:
- Open Outlook and click “Get Add-ins” button in the top menu bar. The icon looks like one of the following:
Outlook for Windows
Outlook for Mac
- A new window will appear. Type “Zoom” in the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the new window:
- Click the “Add” button below the Zoom for Outlook Icon and the Zoom Add-in will be added to your Outlook Desktop Client
Outlook Web Application (OWA)To add the Zoom Add-in to the Outlook Web Application please follow these instructions:
NOTE: You only need to add Zoom for Outlook to either the Outlook Desktop or Web application, not both. Once the Zoom integration has been added to one, it will automatically be applied to the other.
- Navigate to outlook.office.com and sign in with your Illinois credentials
- Click the "New message” button located in the upper left-hand corner of the window
- Once the new message window has appeared, find the ellipsis “…” located next to the trash can, below the message body field and click.
- A pop-up menu should appear, with the “Get Add-ins” located at the bottom.
- Click “Get Add-ins”
- In the upper right-hand corner of the newly rendered window should be a “Search add-ins” field. Type “zoom” into this field.
- Click “Add” within the “Zoom” for outlook Icon
Zoom for G Suite: Gmail/Google CalendarTo add the Zoom Meeting add-in to Gmail/Google Calendar please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to your Gmail Inbox or Google Calendar and login.
- Click the plus symbol "+" in the task bar on the far right side of the window
- In the new window, search for Zoom in the search bar located in the upper right hand corner. The offering titled "Zoom for GSuite" is highlighted below in red.
- Select the Zoom offering, and click install on the subsequent screen.
- Click Allow if you're blocking popups
- IMPORTANT: Please understand the permissions that are being asked of you. Zoom is asking to share data between itself and you G-Suite/Google Apps @ Illinois profile. If you consent to these two services to share your data, please click allow.
- You have now added Zoom in G Suite. For more information about how to schedule or start a meeting please click here.
ChromeTo add the Zoom Meeting extension to the Chrome Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Chrome Extension page.
- Click "Add to Chrome"
FirefoxTo add the Zoom Meeting extension to the Firefox Web Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Scheduler Firefox ADD-ONS page.
- Click "+Add to Firefox"