Password & Accounts
Your username is your NetID. If you don't know your NetID you can search the online directory.
You should use a strong password that is unique to your UIUC account. It is not advisable to reuse a password you have used for other services, such as a bank or social media account.
Used to manage your University password, 2-factor authentication, and account recovery settings.
Many of the UIUC's systems require Two Factor Authentication (2FA) to log in. To set up 2FA for your account follow these steps:
- Go to NetID Center and click the New to 2FA button.
- Follow the prompts for setting up self-recovery options and installing the DUO app.
If you've already set up DUO but have a new phone, go to NetID Center, log in, and click the Manage my 2FA button.
- If your phone number is the same, select your old device above, choose Reactivate DUO App, and follow the prompts.
- If you have a new phone number, click on +Add a new device.
Getting this error message when you try to log in?: "Access Denied. The username you have entered cannot authenticate with Duo Security. Please contact your system administrator." Go to NetID Center, click on the "New to 2FA" button, and follow the instructions for setting up DUO
For further information please contact Tech Services about 2FA.
Used to access University services such as class registration, financial aid, student records, campus wireless, email, and Canvas.
How do I activate my UIUC library account?
- You establish the account using the 14-digit Library ID number on your I-card. This number begins with 200111. Create a login and password for this account at the "My Library Account" page. The 14-digit Library ID number is only needed once to set up the account.
When does this password expire?
- Your library password will expire upon graduation. Please request a Courtesy Borrowing Card to continue using some library services after this point.
What is it?
- University ID Numbers (UIN) are assigned to students, faculty, and staff for identification purposes by UIUC. Your UIN is unique and will never change. Learn more at the University Identification Number page.
What is it used for?
- You use your UIN to manage university-related activities such as borrowing library materials or requesting transcripts.
What do I do if I've forgotten my UIN?
- If you've forgotten your UIN you can find it on your i-Card or:
Undergraduate Students: Go to MyIllini to look up your UIN. You can find your UIN at the top of your Admitted Checklist. MyIllini is the same system used in admission applications.
University Affiliates: Please contact the Technology Services Help Desk to obtain information about retrieving your UIN.