Identity Management, Legal Name Change

I legally changed my name, what should I do to update it with the University?

Employee: If your legal name has changed, or is displayed incorrectly, please contact your college/department HR Representative.  Please first make sure that your name is correct on your Social Security Card.
               Additional information can be found here: 

Student: If your legal name has been changed, please update using the steps listed in the Enterprise Self-Service Support Tool
               Additional information can be found here:

Affiliate: If your legal name has changed, please contact your sponsor or unit manager.  Your name will need to be updated in iCard.

Note: If you are a former student your legal name change will not propagate through the system automatically.  Once you confirm your legal name has been changed in Banner, you will need to contact to request that your legal name be updated manually. Also note that changing your legal name does not change your NetID. If you have questions about changing your NetID, please see Identity Management, Changing your NetID

KeywordsName Change Legal   Doc ID119447
OwnerID M.GroupUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Created2022-07-06 14:53:46Updated2023-02-15 15:42:13
SitesUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback  0   0