NetID Claim, How do students and university affiliates claim their NetID
The following instructions will explain how new students and university affiliates can claim their NetID
In order to claim your NetID, you will need your UIN and activation code given to you by University Admissions or the Graduate College.
- Undergraduate students: After you have accepted your admission in MyIllini, you can then find your activation code in your admitted student checklist.
- Graduate students: Log in to ApplyYourself to look up your UIN and activation code.
- University Affiliates: Contact the Technology Services Help Desk to obtain information on retrieving your UIN and activation code.
NOTE: Your screens / options will vary slightly based on whether you are a new student, returning student, or staff/visiting scholar.
- The website to claim your NetID can be found at https://netidclaim.illinois.edu
- Enter your UIN and click "continue"
- Enter your activation code.
Graduate and Undergraduate Students University Affiliates
- You will now be asked to set your recovery options in the event that you forget or need to reset your password. Once you have finished entering at least one password recovery option (or have chosen to opt-out), click on "Continue".
- You will now be asked to set your password. As you type your desired password, green check marks will indicate that your password meets the security requirements.
- The next screen will take you to set your University email account.
(At this point, University Affiliates will have completed the NetID Claim process and should see the confirmation page, similar to the one shown on Step 8.)
- In order to set up your University (@illinois.edu) email account, make sure any checkboxes are selected before proceeding.
- The final screen will confirm that you have successfully completed the NetID claim process. Below are the final screens for undergraduates (left) and graduate students/staff (right)