Passwords, Credential Manager and Keychain Editing
I changed my password recently and now I'm getting locked out. How do I update my saved passwords?
- Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager.
Note: If 'View by' is set to Category, click User Accounts first, and then click Credential Manager.
Select the Windows Credentials option. Locate the set of credentials that you want to update/remove and then expand the corresponding folder.
3. Then click Remove from Vault or Remove (depending upon which version of Windows you are running).
4. Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials
1) Open the Mac Keychain. Click Finder > Go > Utilities > Keychain Access.
2) In Keychain Access, select the Passwords category on the left to review the list of sites and services for which you've saved a password.
3) Right-click the service you want to edit/remove, then left-click Delete.
This only includes passwords saved in Safari, the default Internet browser.
- Open the ‘Settings’ menu
- Click on ‘Safari’ then under general, click on ‘Passwords & AutoFill’
- Click on ‘Saved Passwords’
- If your device has a passcode, you will need to enter it
- A list of saved accounts will be displayed. Click on ‘Edit’
- Click on the account you want to delete the saved password for. You can select multiple accounts by placing a tick next to each account.
- Click ‘Delete’ in the top left
- Click the ‘Delete’ button to confirm
- The password will now be removed
- Launch your Browser, usually Chrome.
- Open the Menu and select Settings.
- Select Privacy
- Select Clear Browsing Data.
- Check Clear saved passwords and Clear autofill data, and then choose Clear.