Discover my Network Drives
Document on how to determine which network drives you are currently using and have mapped on a given computer. This information is useful if you wish to map network drives on a non-university home computer or a new computer.
- Open File Explorer
- Left click This PC
- Write down or take a picture of all the mapped drives (usually listed after the Windows (C:) drive).
- For example, your home drive will display as "netid (\\astro.vetmed.illinois.edu\home\) (H:). To map this network drive example on a another computer you will use \\astro\home\netid
- As indicated above note the vetmed.illinois.edu is not required when mapping astro, felix, pluto and fido.
- For instructions on mapping a network drive to a new computer see: Map a Network Drive
- Select Finder
- Select Go
- Select Connect to Server
- Write down or take a picture of your connected servers
- For example, Home holders are always the path and NetID for example smb://astro.ad.uillinois.edu/home/netid (Just insert your NetID)