PIE, SSL Certificates
Websites hosted on Publish are protected by SSL by default at their publish.illinois.edu/sitename address and illinois.edu custom domains. Some custom domains require additional steps to configure SSL.
When creating a website on Publish.Illinois.Edu, your site is automatically assigned a URL of the form https://publish.illinois.edu/sitename. The default SSL certificate for the Publish server will allow your website visitors to access your site over HTTPS.
- The custom domain currently points to publish.illinois.edu. If you visit your domain and it loads your Publish web page then it is correctly pointing to your site.
- You can allow for up to 24 hours for the SSL certificate to be issued. In most cases, new SSL certificates are issued daily starting at 4:00pm.
- The easiest way to request an SSL certificate for your site is to fill out the: PIE - SSL Certificate Request for Custom Domains form.
- Transfer the ticket to: UIUC-TechServices-Publish (Group)
Service Outage Reports
- If a customer is reporting a service outage, please transfer the ticket immediately and reach out to a service admin or service owner via Skype for Business.
Consultants can use Contacts Database to contact the service admin: https://cdb.cites.illinois.edu/item/57024