Topics Map > Decision Support > Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
EDDIE - Sending a Document to Another User
How to send a document to another EDDIE user
The EDDIE system allows users to share documents with other EDDIE users in a number of ways
- Login into EDDIE
- Navigate to the location of the document you want to send by clicking the Folders, Categories, or Documents tiles at the top of the Home screen.
- Once you have located the document you want to send, click the 3-dot icon on the right side of that row.
- Hover your cursor over Send To to see the options available:
- This option allows an EDDIE user to send a document to another user's BI Inbox, within the EDDIE system, in a secure manner.
- Search for the NetID of the user you want to send the document to in the Search bar, and click the magnifying glass icon. Alternatively, you can search for users by name by changing Find Title to Find Full Name in the drop-down menu left of the Search bar.
- Check the box next to the user you want to send the document to so that their NetID shows up in the Selected Items bar at the bottom, and click Send.
- This option allows an EDDIE user to send a document to another user's email address.
- Add the sender's email address (From), the recipient's email address (To), any email addresses to CC (CC), a subject (Subject), a message (Message), and make sure the Add attachment radio button is ON. Click Send.
FTP, SFTP and File System
- These are additional methods to send documents to FTP/SFTP servers or local file systems.
- Note about the File System option: due to multiple campuses and a variety of firewall technologies utilized, this may not be an option for all users.