Topics Map > Decision Support > Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
EDDIE/Web Intelligence Rich Client - Formatting - Conditional Formatting Using Alerts
How to use conditional formatting using alerts within Business Objects.
You can set up conditions that will automatically format the data in your Web Intelligence documents to alert you to when values fall below or above specific thresholds, or when certain strings appear.
1. Navigate to the Analysis tab
2. Select the Conditional sub-tab
3. Click New Rule to create a new conditional formatting rule
4. Enter a name for the rule in the Name box
5. In the Filtered Object or Cell field, click the button
6. Select the desired object for the conditional formatting rule
7. Click Select an Object or a Variable
8. Select the object or variable from the list of Available objects and click OK
9. Select an operator from the Operator drop-down list
10. Type a value in the Operand filed, or click the button to select a value from the list of values.
11. Click the Format button to change the way you want the values to be formatted if the condition is true. (Default will be to display value in red text)
a. To change the font and font style for text, click the Text menu
b. To add a highlight or background color to the cell, click the Background menu
c. To add a border to the cell, click the Border menu.
12. Click OK
13. to add another conditional rule, click the button.
14. When all rules have been created, click OK
This functionality is available in Web Intelligence Rich Client. It is not available through the HTML version accessed through EDDIE.