Topics Map > Applications & Software > Business Intelligence/EDW
Topics Map > Applications & Software > Tableau
Tableau - How to Publish to Tableau Server
How to Publish to Tableau Server.
To publish to Tableau server, please follow the instructions below.
- In Tableau Desktop, open the workbook.
- Verify the Sheet Names have been given meaningful names (these names appear in Tableau Server).
- Determine which sheets will be viewable in Tableau Server.
- From the Server menu, select Publish Workbook
- Enter the server name
- Test = https://tableau-test.admin.uillinois.edu
- Production = https://tableau.admin.uillinois.edu
- Enter your login credentials for the server.
- From the “Publish Workbook to Tableau Server” box
- Select the project to publish to
- Complete the workbook description
- If your workbook is using a data extract, under Refresh Schedule select the schedule you wish to be used.
- Under Sheets, Select the Edit link and select the sheets to be visible (results of step 3).
- Permissions are locked at the Project level and cannot be changed while publishing.
- Under Data Sources, Select the Edit link
- For Publish Type, select Embedded in workbook.
- For Authentication, select Allow refresh access.
- Under Options, if publishing multiple sheets and wish for them to be displayed as tabs from the same dashboard then check the box for Show Sheets as Tabs.
- Select the Publish button
- You may be prompted that it already exists, do you wish to overwrite.
- After successfully publishing a preview is displayed.
- Close the Publish Workbook Results window.
- Log onto the Tableau Server and verify everything is working.
For additional information, please visit the following Tableau online help links below.