Topics Map > OBFS
University Bursar - How do I waive my student health insurance?
Students may file for an exemption from the health insurance fee if they can provide proof of alternative coverage
The exemption process and deadlines vary by university. Please visit the health insurance office website for your university to obtain this information.
- Urbana - The waiver form can be filled out online via the Student Health Insurance website.
- Chicago - The waiver form can be filled out online via the Campus Care website.
- Springfield - The waiver form can be obtained at the Student Health Insurance website.
Please Note: The Health Service Fee is mandatory and cannot be waived. The Health Service Fee is NOT student insurance. For an explanation of required fees, visit the Registration website for your university:
- Urbana - Office of the Registrar
- Chicago - Office of the Registrar
- Springfield - Records and Registration