Topics Map > Decision Support > Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
EDDIE/Web Intelligence Rich Client - Time Dimensions
Time dimensions can be added to objects or variables of type DATE or DATETIME.
The attributes automatically available are the Year, Quarter, Month, Week, and Day.
Semester is an attribute that is available, but due to the varied dates when a term can start and end, we don't have an accurate method to replace the defaults by the tool.
- Locate the object you want to add a Time dimension to by clicking Document Objects in the Main panel.
- In this example, we'll create a Time Dimension on the OL Period Begin Date object.
- Click the More icon and select Create Time Dimension.
- This will open the Time Dimension window.
- Choose which hierarchy time levels you want available for this object and click OK. For this example, we've chosen Quarter.
- The level we selected (Quarter) is now available as a sub-object of OL Period Begin Date in Document Objects in the Main panel..
- These objects can be used in a report like any other object.