University Bursar - What is student loan default?
- For Federal Student Loans, you are considered to be in default if you don’t make your scheduled student loan payments for at least 270 days.
- For Campus-Based Loans being serviced by Heartland ECSI, you are considered to be in default if you don t make your scheduled student loan payments for at least 240 days.
The consequences of default are serious, and many options are available to assist borrowers in avoiding default.
University Bursar strongly encourages borrowers to contact their servicers to discuss options to avoid becoming delinquent if they face missing a payment.
- University Bursar - How do I repay my student loan?
- University Bursar - Why do I have a campus-based loan hold on my account?
- University Bursar - How do I view my federal student loan history?
- University Bursar - What if I am unable to pay my bill and leave school still owing a balance on my student account?