Topics Map > Decision Support > Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
Topics Map > Software Applications > Business Intelligence/EDW
Web Intelligence Rich Client Installation Failure
Web Intelligence Rich Client is failing to install on some computers.
Some customers are reporting getting a 'Failed to update setup engine executables. Program will exit.' error message when attempting to install Web Intelligence Rich Client. The issue has been identified as a problem with CrowdStrike that was preventing the Webi RC installer from copying the necessary files during the installation process. As a result, CrowdStrike pushed out a patch to resolve the issue in early March 2022.
If you are getting the 'Failed to update setup engine executables. Program will exit.' error message when attempting to install Web Intelligence Rich Client, make sure your computer is running CrowdStrike Windows Sensor version 6.34.14806 or later. Go to Add or Remove Programs in System Settings, scroll down to and click on CrowdStrike Windows Sensor to see the version number.
- If your computer is not running this, or a later, version of CrowdStrike, please contact your IT support unit for assistance in getting this program updated.
- If your computer is running this, or a later, version of CrowdStrike and you still get this error message, please do the following:
- Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Business Objects
- Run Registry Editor as admin and delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects folder
- Run the Web Intelligence Rich Client installer as admin (or through Software Center)