2FA, Adding a Device to Duo
This document will instruct you on adding personal devices and phone numbers to Duo.
Make sure you have followed the instructions in 2FA - Getting started with Duo before proceeding.
- Adding a mobile phone as your primary device. This will allow you to use the Duo Mobile app for the best experience.
- Adding at least two devices. If you have only one device defined and it is lost or disabled, you will not be able to access the system.
- Choose the type of device you are adding:
- If enrolling a phone, enter your phone number and check Yes, you want to use the Duo Mobile App and then click Continue. (Tablet users skip this step. If you do not want to provide your phone number when configuring your smartphone, you can hit the back button and select tablet. You will only receive push notifications or generate a passcode with this option.)
For simple voice or text message verification, choose No then click Continue.
- Select the type of device then click Continue.
- If you have not installed the Duo Mobile for your device, do it now. Otherwise, click the I have Duo Mobile installed button.
- A QR Code will appear to connect your device to Duo. Click here for additional instructions to activate Duo Mobile for your device.
- Adding a Device is complete
|(1) Install Duo Mobile app||(2) Get Started with Duo||(3) Add a Device||(4) Activate Duo Mobile|
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Introduction
- 2FA, Installing the Duo Mobile app
- 2FA - Getting started with Duo
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Hardware Tokens and Security Keys
- 2FA, Authentication methods & devices
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Troubleshooting
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Device Management