F&S - Printer/copier service and repairs

How to request service for printers and copiers at F&S

Make a Support Desk Ticket

When a ticket comes in, follow the process below to make a Service Call with RK Dixon. Then, assign the ticket to FandS.Support Desk.RK Dixon. F&S staff will assume ownership of the ticket and will follow up with RK Dixon as necessary to ensure the repair work is completed.

You will need several key pieces of information on the user's location and printer:

  • Address and Room number
  • Make/Model of Printer
  • RK Dixon Asset Tag Number (located on sticker on side of printer, see photo below)

RK Dixon Website

To place a service call, go to the RK Dixon Website:


Fill out the form, as shown below.

Be sure the email address are for F&S User Support:

Phone: 217-244-6350

Email: fandsdlusersupport@mx.uillinois.edu

Note: You may need to contact the user for the address of their location and for the RK Dixon Asset Number. This number is located on a sticker located on the side of the printer.



Next fill in the information pertaining to that printer. Most of this information should be supplied by the user who called in, but some can be found on the F&S Printer Spreadsheet.

For the Location/Dept/Floor field, please put the room number.


Note: The sections for the Meters and for PO Number, should be skipped.

For the section Serial#/Asset#/EQ#, you will need either the Serial Number or the RK Dixon Asset Number

Be sure to include a description on the problem.

Toner and Waste Toner

For printers that are not large copiers, users should come down to the basement in the Physical Plant Service Building (PPSB) to where IT is. Someone in Room 20, 30, 31 or 40a can get them a replacement.

Xerox 6505 Printers

There are two items on the Xerox 6505 Printers that the F&S Support Desk can replace.

These items are:


Imaging Unit

If the call comes in for these two items, forward the ticket to the F&S Support Desk. All other 6505 repairs need to have a ticket with RK Dixon.

Please note: The F&S Support desk does not replace the fuser or imaging unit on any other printers. All Dell, HP or others need to have a ticket made with RK Dixon.

Large Copiers

Any ticket for replacing a Toner or a Waste Toner in a copier (large shared printers), the ticket should be forwarded to the F&S Service Desk.

Users are not to replace these items.

All repairs on large copiers must have an RK Dixon ticket.

Keywords:Facilities Services RK Dixon asset number documentation   Doc ID:86181
Owner:Shawn L.Group:University of Illinois System
Created:2018-10-01 17:55 CSTUpdated:2019-01-17 13:09 CST
Sites:University of Illinois System, University of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback:  0   0