Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Workaround: Submitting Employee Recognition Award to ANA Approver
Workaround: Submitting Employee Recognition Award to ANA Approver
Employee recognition award payment requests are normally entered and submitted by the Department Originator in the Adjustment Notification Application (ANA). Use this workaround when approval of the ANA is not possible because there is no alternate approver for the awardee set up in ANA.
When requesting payment of an employee recognition award, review the policy for the required approvals: https://www.obfs.uillinois.edu/bfpp/section-4-payroll/employee-award-payments
- Open the Award Payment Template spreadsheet located on the OBFS Payroll & Benefits Forms page: https://www.obfs.uillinois.edu/forms/payroll/.
- Complete the required information fields:
- Enter the recipient’s UIN in the UIN field.
- Enter the recipient’s last name in the Last Name Field.
- Enter the recipient’s first name in the First Name Field.
- Enter the name of the award along with any other pertinent information in the Award Description field.
- Enter the amount of the award in the Award Amount field.
- Review and obtain approvals needed.
The University of Illinois System: If any part of the award will be paid on a grant fund, Office of Grants and Contracts - Post Award (GCO) approval is required. Departments are responsible for contacting GCO for approval.
Specific university approvals:
- University of Illinois at Springfield: Chancellor approval is required for all award amounts.
- University of Illinois at Chicago: Unit head approval is required for awards less than $400. Awards of $400 or more also require Chancellor or Designee approval.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Unit head approval is required for awards less than
- $400. Awards of $400 or more also require Chancellor or Designee approval.
- University of Illinois System Offices: Unit head approval is required for awards less than $400. Awards of $400 or more also require approval by Employee Relations and Human Resources and Chief Financial Officer or Designee.
- Enter C-FOAPAL string from which payment is to be made.
NOTE: All employee recognition awards pay on account 281500.
- Send an email:
To: OBFS Back Office Payroll <email@example.com
Subject: Employee Recognition Award
Attachment: Completed Award Payment Template spreadsheet
Body: Reference the stalled ANA transaction (if applicable). Include your phone number and request a direct deposit date.
NOTE: All payments are made on Fridays according to the payroll adjustment schedule. Request a direct deposit date for the first Friday following the award ceremony or presentation date.