Topics Map > Payroll > Benefits
UPB - How to Register and Log into MyBenefits
How to Register and Log into MyBenefits
To register for State benefits, including health/vision, dental, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts, use MyBenefits by the following the directions below.
Registration and First Log in
- Go to MyBenefits.illinois.gov
- Select Login (upper right)
- Select Register (lower right)
- Answer self-registration questions
- Select View login ID to view your CMS-issued Login ID and save for future logins!
- Select Continue
- Create your challenge questions (used if you forget your password)
- Accept the CMS disclaimer
Log in After Registration
Use your CMS-issued Login ID and password at MyBenefits.illinois.gov. Your University UIN, NetID, Enterprise ID, or any other University logins and passwords do not access this website.
To retrieve your Login ID, Go to MyBenefits at MyBenefits.illinois.gov and select Login (upper right of screen), select Forgot my login ID and then answer the questions to retrieve your Login ID.
To reset your password, choose Forgot my Password on the MyBenefits Login page and then answer the questions to reset your password.
Questions and Help
MyBenefits Service Center
- TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
University Payroll & Benefits
- Create a service ticket: UPB Service Portal
- Urbana: 217-265-6363
- Chicago: 312-996-7200
- Springfield: 217-206-7144