Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) for Assignment of Income for Academic (Monthly) Employees
Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) for Assignment of Income for Academic (Monthly) Employees
Individuals who assign their income to another person or entity are liable for taxes associated with that income. Programs with payment options that allow employees to assign income to the University, another entity, or an individual, must comply with assignment of income rules.
See Policy Section 18.15 - Payments to Employees: Assignment of Income and Constructive Receipt for more information.
If income rules apply, report the income by submitting a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA). See the Payroll Schedule for calc. schedules and CPA deadlines.
You cannot edit the C-FOAPAL on Current Pay Adjustments.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/.
- Log in to PARIS.
- Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH and select the criteria.
- Click the Search button.
The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Review pay periods open for current pay adjustments in the yellow transaction alert window.
- Select Current Pay Adjustment under the TRANSACTIONS menu.
NOTE: This option is only available when the pay period is open for current pay adjustments.
- Click the gray pay event accordion of the current pay period.
- Click the EVENT DETAILS accordion to view summary payroll information.
- Click the JOBS accordion to view all active jobs for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
Job Detail opens.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Select the TIA (Taxable Assign Income) earn code.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
Payroll Record View and Earnings Detail refresh.
NOTE: Scroll down to view and edit the Earnings Detail.
- Enter 1 in the Hours Or Units field.
- Enter the total dollar amount in the Special Rate field.
- Click the Save button located at the bottom of the page and review changes.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Enter a detailed description for the adjustment in the Memo box.
- Click the ADD button.
- Edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field, if needed.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Route button once all changes have been made.