How do I use the Elmo USB document camera with my computer to write equations?
The Elmo OX-1 document camera is easy to use, not expensive, and it produces a good quality video for teaching. The OX-1 offers 8x digital zoom via software and comes with a built-in microphone. You can use it with any computer and any web-conferencing tool for online dissemination of the content in real-time. Below are the steps on how to use and connect the OX-1 external document camera with your computer.
- Raise the camera head as indicated by the rightward pointing arrow and while holding down the base.
- Raise the upper arm in an upward direction as indicated by the upward pointing arrow next to STEP2.
- Set the camera head horizontally.
- Rotate the camera angle to your desired angle.
- Connect the camera to your computer using the provided USB cable.
- Connect the type B connector of the supplied USB2.0 cable to USB connector in the side of the product.
- Connect the type A connector of the USB2.0 cable to the USB port of your running computer.
- Launch the viewer on the connected computer. ※ The product will not turn on until the viewer is launched.
About the viewer software
Using the Document Camera for Online Teaching/Presenting
Disabling Mirroring Feature
- Go to Video
- My Video
- Uncheck "Mirror my video"